AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I access the value of nested conditional drop downs?

Question asked by James Bradd on May 22, 2018
Latest reply on May 23, 2018 by Yum Darling

I am currently building out a service catalog item with a few nested dependent drop downs and I would like to access those variables within an application integration; has anyone had any success doing this? The variables are all accessible, but only one is "truthy" and I can't find a way to get the application to handle this logic.

In my example I have the following:

Team

• IT Services
  • Facilities

Where those two items are themselves dependent drop downs:

IT Services

• Category A
  • Category B

Facilities

• Category C
  • Category D

My goal is to have this service request open a ticket for the team selected and set the category to the category selected (in this scenario teams do not share categories). Right now {{Team}} gives me the uuid of the choice in the dependant drop down and I can access both {{IT Services}} and {{Facilities}}, but only one can be selected and the log shows I am sending JSON that looks like "category" : {uuid:<someuuid>}, -1 where <someuuid> is the uuid for the category selected and -1 is the representation that the value has not been selected. If we had the ability to write a logical statement it's a simple as valuea || valueb || somedefaultvalue but so far as I can tell we don't have the ability to send anything other than 

Anyone have any tips?

Outcomes