AnsweredAssumed Answered

API to Get File with All Problems

Question asked by Mike Moegling on Nov 30, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2017 by Mike Moegling

Hello,

I am new to using the API's for Samanage and are struggling with probably some basic nuts and bolts that I am not finding on the site.  Maybe you can help me gain some ground in the right direction.  What I am wanting to do is pull in all of the problems from Samanage similar to doing the download option manually.  The data needs to be integrated on a SQL server so we can drive some reporting to the business.  My lack of knowledge of working with REST API's is probably my stumbling block here.

Our instance of Samanage is running SSO and I am going to import the JSON or XML file via SSIS on the SQL server and probably do this each evening via the API.

On the API documentation page it shows a curl statement to get a list of all problems using:

curl -H "X-Samanage-Authorization: Bearer TOKEN" -H 'Accept: application/vnd.samanage.v2.1+xml' 
-X GET https://api.samanage.com/problems.xml

I am not sure what I need to do here with this.  Right out of the gate the SSO is giving me authentication issues as I am not using a USER/PWD combination to sign on. 

Any help, words of wisdom, or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Outcomes