If you use Slack for internal team communications, then you can use Zapier to automatically post new Samanage incidents to Slack in a chat message.
You will need:
1. Getting your accounts ready
2. Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts ready
Samanage You can connect your existing Samanage account to Zapier easily, or you may need to set up a new account first.
SlackYou can connect your existing Slack account to Zapier easily, or you may need to set up a new account and team first.
Note: Slack requires a Team to be setup as well as account access via an email address.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to use the Post Slack alert messages when new Samanage incidents are added zap.
- Determine your Samanage Trigger to create the Zap
2. Choose an existing Samanage account from the drop-down menu, or connect a new account.
3. If you are connecting a new account, enter your Samanage Email and Password .
4. Click Yes, continue.
5. Select your Slack Action (similar to what you did with Samanage)
6. Choose an existing Slack account from the drop-down menu, or connect a new account.
7. If you are connecting a new account, enter your Slack team domain and click Sign In.
8. Enter your Slack email address and click password.
9. Click Sign In
10. Set up the Slack action field settings.
You will need to specify a Slack channel to use for this integration. The default is usually #general if you haven't set up another channel.
Note: You can include any of the data captured by the Samanage incident in the action fields. They can be selected from the Insert fields buttons.
11. Click Save + finish to complete the Zap.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you're satisfied with the results, you're all set to start automatically creating Slack alert messages from your Samanage incidents as they are created.
Note: If you ever want to change this Samanage to Slack integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you?d like.