Connect your Samanage incident management with your team's chat in HipChat with this Zapier integration.
You will need:
Steps1. Getting your accounts ready
2. Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts ready
Samanage You can connect your existing Samanage account to Zapier easily, or you may need to set up a new account first.
HipChatYou can connect your existing HipChat account to Zapier easily, or you may need to set up a new account first.
If you are setting up a new account, you will also have to create a new API Auth Token. So, log in and go to the Group Admin menu option, and select the API tab. Then, create a new token with a type of Notification.
Make a note of your new token to use when connecting your account.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to use the Post Samanage incidents to HipChat zap.
- Choose an existing Samanage account from the drop-down menu, or connect a new account.
- If you are connecting a new account, enter your Samanage Email and Password .
- Click Yes, continue.
- Choose an existing HipChat account from the drop-down menu, or connect a new account.
- If you are connecting a new account, enter your HipChat API Token.
- Click Continue.
- Set up the HipChat action field settings.
You will need to specify a default HipChat Room to use for this integration. It can be selected from the available dropdown.
Note: You can include any of the data captured by the Samanage incident in the action fields. They can be selected from the Insert fields buttons.
- Click Save + finish to complete the Zap.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you're satisfied with the results, you're all set to start automatically creating HipChat messages from your Samanage incidents as they are created.
Note: If you ever want to change this Samanage to HipChat integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you?d like.