If an incident is captured in Samanage by your IT service desk but your dev team uses JIRA to manage issues, Zapier can link the two to make it easy to post new incidents to JIRA right from your Samanage account.
You will need:
Steps1. Getting your accounts ready
2. Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts ready
Samanage You can connect your existing Samanage account to Zapier easily, or you may need to set up a new account first.
JIRAYou can connect your existing JIRA account to Zapier easily, or you may need to set up a new account first.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to use the Add new Samanage incidents to Jira as new issues zap.
- Choose an existing Samanage account from the drop-down menu, or connect a new account.
- If you are connecting a new account, enter your Samanage Email and Password .
- Click Yes, continue.
- Choose an existing JIRA account from the drop-down menu, or connect a new account.
- Click Continue.
- Set up the JIRA action field settings.
- Click Save + finish to complete the Zap.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you're satisfied with the results, you're all set to start automatically creating JIRA issues from your Samanage incidents as they are created.
Note: If you ever want to change this Samanage to JIRA integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you would like.