One powerful feature that we offer is the ability to setup the mapping on one or more of your domains to your Samanage self-service portal. The Domain Mapping feature can be found under Setup -> Domain Mapping. Below is a screenshot of the section.
One key point to take away from the screenshot above is You must create the proper CNAME record in your DNS **before** adding the domain. This will be a guide focusing on providing a general idea on how to create a CNAME for domain mapping. In this example, we will take a look at GoDaddy's steps on creating a CNAME. GoDaddy's steps are as follows:
1. In the DNS Zone File, click Add Record.
2. From the Record type list, select A (Host).
3. Complete the following fields:
- Enter an Alias Name - The address you want the record to link to (Ex: support.samanage.com)
- Points to Host Name - The destination address which would your original Samanage address (Ex: youraccountname.samanage.com)
- TTL - Designate how long the server should cache the the information
4. Click the Save button and the Save Changes button.
Please keep in mind that your hosting provider's DNS Manager layout may look a bit different than GoDaddy's but should essentially work in a similar manner.
Note: If you choose to enter a custom domain name, you MUST also enable SSL for it. If you use a custom domain and do not have an SSL certificate uploaded into the app, you will NOT be able to access your account via that non secure URL.