We are upgrading our Asset Management agent. As with the current agent, the new agent is a small executable used to inventory hardware and software assets. At the moment, we have a Windows agent. We will be releasing a Mac agent very soon.
What are the benefits?
The new agent automatically updates itself and enables us to more easily deliver future enhancements.
How does this affect my current agent?
At this time, the new agent will have no impact on your Samanage experience, nor on the existing agent. It will not make additions, deletions or changes to your asset inventory.
How do I get the new agent?
To obtain the installer file, follow the instructions below. The installation will deploy and configure both the new and the old agents to run in parallel, allowing us to evaluate the results of the new agent compared to the old one. Please do not uninstall the old agent.
Downloading the new agent
- Using the link below, head over to Setup/Samanage Labs, then scroll down to the last post in Labs.
- Click the download button to save the setup package. This package contains the account name and necessary security keys that are needed for the deployment of both agents
- Unzip the Samanage agent package. This package contains the account name and necessary security keys that are needed for the deployment of both agents.
Single computer deployment
- Launch the Samanage_Agent_[version]_installer.exesetup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Installation is now complete.
Command line and network silent deployment
- Execute the Samanage_Agent_[version]_installer.exe with --mode unattended command line switch
- Windows XP (Home and Professional)
- Windows 2003 (Server)
- Windows 2008 (all versions)
- Windows 2012 (all versions)
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (all versions)
- Windows 8 (all versions)
- Windows 10 (all versions)
Thank you for your support!
At your service,
The Samanage Team