As a follow-up to an earlier announcement, as of April 2016, Samanage no longer supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). However, we continue to support popular browsers such as:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 10 and above
- Microsoft Edge (most current stable version)
- Mozilla Firefox (most current stable version)
- Google Chrome (most current stable version)
- Apple Safari (most current stable version)
Why is Samanage ending support for IE9?
In January 2016, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer 9. As a result, any vulnerabilities in IE9 will not be patched, creating a potential security hazard. In addition, Microsoft will no longer offer technical support for IE9, limiting our ability to fix bugs or performance issues.
Why is this important?
If you are an administrator or an end user, some Samanage features and functionality may no longer work in IE9. This is especially true of any new features, in addition, any bugs or performance issues related to IE9 will not be fixed.
What actions should I take?
We highly recommend upgrading to any of the currently supported browsers listed above.
At your service,
The Samanage Team