We have just added the ability to merge incidents. You are now able to easily merge an incident into another incident.
When you enter an existing incident you will now see a new ?merge? link in view and edit modes (see following screenshot). This action is also available in the related incidents section on the right hand side.
Once you click the merge action, you will be able to choose the ?target? incident into which you wish to merge - see following screenshot. Only a single target can be selected.
The next step is the confirmation screen, where you will be asked to confirm the action - see following screenshot:
As you may notice, this screen also summarizes the actions that will be taken on both incidents upon confirmation:
- A comment will be added to the originating incident (the one we start with)
- The incident state will be changed to ?closed?
- A ?merged? tag is added to the closed incident
- A private comment will be added to the ?target? incident (the one which we merge into)
- The original requester of the closed incident and all who were on CC on it (if relevant) are added to the ?target? incident.
- The closed incident is also added to the ?related incidents? section of the ?target? incident and vice versa.
- Audits and email notifications of these comments will behave as usual.
At your service,
The Samanage Team