Managing Samanage roles with Okta

Discussion created by 7557381 on Jul 10, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 by 7557381
Hi All,

We are currently implementing Samanage throughout our organisation and I have just setup single sign on with Okta using a SAML 2.0 tunnel.

We will also use Okta to provision users into Samanage - I am aware of the existing limitations with the Okta integration in that not all user attributes are copied across and we can deal with that until it is resolved.

My question is in regards to managing user roles from within Okta. I would like to know if anyone else is using Okta to handle user provisioning and how you are handling the selection of a Samanage user role. We have existing Okta user groups for all offices and I will use those groups to assign the application to all users and give them the 'Portal User' role.
The problem with this is our Samanage Admins are also in those existing groups and this setting will override their Admin role (that was setup directly in Samanage).

So the question is - if I assign the application directly to the admin users in Okta and give them the 'Administrator' role, will that setting override the setting in their group assignment?

Thanks,

Brett

Outcomes