craig.stockman@samanage.com

Group Page Changes

Discussion created by craig.stockman@samanage.com on Jul 28, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 by Yuval Pecht
I have noticed a few changes to the group page and personally, they don't seem very beneficial and it causes more "clicks" for maintenance, rather than less. (we currently have around 100 groups)

On the old group page, you could select the group and see the members inline, why do we need to click and navigate to another page before seeing the group members?

Adding members to a group also takes additional effort as we now have to select the group, click actions, choose "Edit Group", then Add Users to Group.

It seems like these changes are adding steps instead of streamlining the interface. It honestly felt more like a Microsoft menu experience, which has menus and options buried with more menus and options.

I think instead of adding steps like this, focusing on the cleanest and most intuitive interface is paramount.  That is one of the main reasons that we selected Samanage in the first place.

Any thoughts and comments behind this would be much appreciated as I didn't really notice any "Group Page" enhancements like a sort list option etc.

-Craig

Outcomes