Product Change: Deprecation of Non-SSL Domain Mapping

Discussion created by 6407570 on Sep 9, 2014

We are in the initial stages of changing our Domain Mapping policy to provide a more secure experience for our customer base.

What is changing?

We are planning on changing our CNAME settings to require that SSL be configured if a CNAME record is used.  Currently you can configure a CNAME record without SSL.

Why is it changing?

Our application has already been configured to use SSL by default, but we still allow Non-SSL CNAME records to be configured.  This allows for unsecured transmission of your data over the public internet.  As part of our review of our information security policies, we identified this as an area that needed to be changed to improve the security of our systems and your data.

What do I need to do?

If you are not using Domain Mapping (you can check here) or are using SSL with your CNAME record, then you don?t need to take any action at this time. 

If you have configured a CNAME record (you can check here), and do not have SSL setup, then you will need to perform the SSL setup by uploading a certificate for you CNAME record.  Alternatively, you may remove your CNAME record and return to the default account url which is already secured using SSL.  

When do I need to make the change?

We are in the initial stages of this change and we understand that our customers need time to make this change.  We anticipate updating the application to only allow SSL CNAME records on December 15th, 2014.

We also plan on contacting customers who are using Non-SSL CNAME records individually if they have not made the change themselves by November 1st, 2014 to see if they need assistance or have questions.

What if I need help with making the change?

If you need assistance, you can contact Samanage Support using one of the following methods:

Web:  http://support.samanage.com

Email: support@samanage.com

Phone: 1-888-250-8971 or +1-919-371-2990

Outcomes