We made a significant infrastructure upgrade this past week. You?re going to love this.
As you may or may not know, we are a using Ruby on Rails in our SaaS application. We just upgraded the framework from Rails v3.2 to v4.1, and in Ruby we upgraded from v1.9.3 to v2.
What does all of this mean to you? Why do you care? Where is the love?
The main benefits from the upgrades include:
- Performance improvements, for example better garbage collection
- Up to date security with the ability to counter the newest security threats
- Up to date compatibility with external Ruby Gems
- Scalability improvements that allow us to better support our rapid growth
- Better support for upcoming Samanage roadmap features (which were not possible prior to Rails 4.), for example a real time user experience.
- Ability to provide a faster turnaround time for new features due to an accelerated development environment
As always, we are committed (and downright giddy) about providing you with the latest and greatest technology. The scope of an infrastructure effort is larger than what you would experience in, for example, an upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. We are pleased to provide this upgrade for you behind the scenes, without any interference in your environment, and of course, at no cost to you.
At your service,
The Samanage Team