My Requests in Service Portal/Requester View needs Incident Preview and View Customization

Idea created by John C Lyons on Sep 8, 2017
    New Idea
    Score25
    • Josh Mills
    • Sarita Bremar Smith
    • John C Lyons
    • Gustavo Trujillo
    • John De Voto
    • We have had a number of Requesters at our university ask for the preview "eyeball" feature under My Requests in the Service Portal that works great on the Application/Agent side.
      • Because of the way Service Catalog-initiated Incidents list the same title for each Incident there is no way for Requesters to quickly tell which is which without opening each individual Incident. This is frustrating for our power users.
    • It would be great if Administrators had options to customize the columns/fields that are visible in the My Requests section of the Service Portal.
      • I'm sure this has been listed elsewhere, and I will up-vote each one I find, but for example, those of us who do not use "Due Dates" in our organizations would prefer to be able to turn off that field from view and perhaps use another in its place. Also hiding Categories and/or Sub-categories may be useful for organizations.
    What problem will this feature solve?:
    Service Portal Requesters will be able to find the updates and incidents they need faster instead of opening each individual incident. Administrators will have more control over the view options under My Requests. Eliminating elements that aren't being used and perhaps adding others that work better for their organizations.