Customize Emails for Different Incident States

Idea created by Andrew Reich on Apr 26, 2017
    Under Consideration
    Score50

It would be very helpful if there was a way to customize designated emails for each specific incident state. Therefore, if you change an incident state, from another customized incident state, a more unique or applicable automated response can be sent to the requester. Currently, you can only customize one generic email if there is an incident state change.

What problem will this feature solve?:
    I have customized an incident state called "Assigned" for when one of our users is assigned to and starts working on a task. I have customized another incident state called "On Hold" for when the request is at a halt and no work is currently be done on it. The last example I will provide for a customized incident state is "With Engineering". In that event that there is a request or task that our team cannot solve, we need to have someone from our Engineering department look at the request. As you can see, with just a click of a button (changing the incident state) this would be a very efficient way to deliver more applicable and specific information to the requester based on the state that the incident is in. Incident State Change to "Assigned": "Andrew Reich is now working on your request." Incident State Change to "On Hold": "Your request is currently on hold, we will provide more information as soon as we can." Incident State Change to "With Engineering": "Engineering is currently taking a look at your request, please let us know if you have any questions."