Need a license compliance report

Idea created by jbrown@d3banking.com on Feb 9, 2017
    Long term plan
    Score10
    • Josh Mills
    • Jim Chancellor

I have a contract for a software package, the installations created by the Agent have very inconsistent "Vendor" field data containing the version number and copyright information

(e.g.

"IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.1, build IU-162.1447.21. Copyright JetBrains s.r.o., (c) 2000-2016" or

"IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.4, build IU-162.2032.8. Copyright JetBrains s.r.o., (c) 2000-2016"

)

I don't believe this inconsistency is a rare occurrence, most of the Apple and/or Microsoft products installed on our machine show very similar copyright and version information in the "Vendor" column.

Since this is so inconsistent, I've added a Tag (IntelliJ IDEA) to each of the Software entries.  Now I need to report on which machines have some version of this software installed.  The Risks>Compliance page shows me that I'm out of compliance, but there isn't an easy way to determine which machines have it installed.  In this case there are 35 different "Software" items in the list, most have only 1 installation, some have more than 10.  I am currently clicking on each individual "Software" to get a list of machines with that particular version installed.  This is tedious, and I don't want to do this once a month for all of the licensed packages we have  (I have to report each month).

What problem will this feature solve?: