Task Notifications globally in app

Idea created by Jamie Milks on Jan 13, 2017
    Under Consideration
    Score5
    • Jamie Milks

There are a number of techs that need to get reminded of tasks that they have due, beyond email the notification when they get assigned the task, there are no other notifications.  Also, in my experience, most techs filter out all notification emails from Samanage because there are so many notification emails...  So the tech is relied upon to check out the Tasks section in the app or My Service Tasks in the portal.  This is a trainable task but can be easily forgotten or overlooked.  It would be nice if there was a global notification icon, similar to the Notifications icon (Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 1.57.21 PM.png) that had a color associated with it.  Green and an number for "you have tasks but none are overdue", or red for "you have overdue tasks".  A really simple example for the task notification could be "33" and the hover over could be "22 open, 3 due today, 8 past due".

The app already has a similar format showing on a hover over over for Catalog Item tasks:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.03.56 PM.png

You could model it after this and just have the number highlight the color to match the current task status.   I am sure you can come up with a more visually appealing icon.  I think a great place for this would be right next to the Notifications icon located at the top of the app.

What problem will this feature solve?: