Conditional Tasks Improvement

Idea created by Tom Kelsall on Sep 2, 2016
    Long term plan
    Score5
    • Anthony Confalone

Hi

Thank you so much for the ability to add tasks based on variable conditions - this is one of the chief reasons we had for selecting Samanage. I would like to suggest some improvements, if I may, which could make it even more useful.

• The ability to test for an attachement being attached when it's one of the variables I added; so for instance if I add "Attach SAP Form" as a variable, I want to be able to add a conditional task which tests whether there is an attachment present at that variable. The addition of more types of field to this could also be useful - for instance "Is anything entered in 'User'?"; "Is anything selected in 'Date'?" etc
    • Conditional Variables (!!!) - The ability to add a variable which only presents on the form if another variable has a specific value: for instance if I tick "Are you attaching a SAP form?", I would want the attachment variable to show - but I want it invisible or greyed out if I don't tick it. Or for instance if I select "iPhone" in a multipick field, I would want a new dropdown to become available allowing me to select the model.

What do you think? Or has it already been requested?

Cheers

What problem will this feature solve?: