Idea created by Todd Thomas on May 25, 2016
    Long term plan
    Score25
    • Shvonne Craig
    • Jamie Milks
    • Todd Thomas
    • crystal.karanovich@channeladvisor.com

(Originally posted on 29, April 2016)

I've been thinking through how to improve reporting in Samanage outside of other things in the pipeline (like multipick lists).

1. I find the naming of the various reports confusing. "Incidents" vs. "Incidents summary" vs. "Incidents statics" vs. "Incidents summary". The "Incidents" report really is "Incidents by Time Period". "Incidents statics" is really "Incident Response".

2. I'd suggest rather than having one collapsible header called "STANDARD REPORTS" you group the various kinds of reports into their own areas- one for Incidents, one for Customer Satisfaction, one for Inventory (including Computers, Software, and other assets), etc. It might make the list much more manageable.

3. I'd love to see an ad-hoc reporting builder. The built-in reports are good, but sometimes you just need the ability create reports that aren't canned. Let me choose the fields to report on and how to do it.

4. I'd love to see some pie or line charts. Those have their place for displaying data visually.

What problem will this feature solve?: