(Originally posted on 6, December 2014)
Add ability to hide the tabs as opposed to users receiving an access is denied page.
(Originally posted on 29, December 2014)
(Originally posted on 7, December 2014)
(Originally posted on 27, December 2014)
(Originally posted on 22, September 2015)
I was just getting ready to add a similar request when I noticed this one:
My thoughts are that when I set up Roles it means that I wish to limit what a specific used can see or do. Under the present system, the actual permissions are fairly complete and functional: it blocks access to what it is supposed to and allows what it is supposed to.
However, being able to see the entire interface and all the sections of it with the popup "You do not have permission" is sloppy and to the average user annoying.
You said that: "It is our current position that the structure of the app should reflect the entire capabilities..."
My response to this is: "The structure of the app should reflect the entire capabilities that each individual user has access to".
Naturally, the Admin should have access to it all.
I have setup a "Supervisory" role that allows a user to see everything but only change and edit those tickets that he/she originated.
If I want a user to be able to see and use the ticket submission system, and read the Hardware inventory section so they can find information and submit reports about computers, than these two elements would be "The entire Capabilities", of the system as I want them to see it.
Look at the average "Help Desk User": By design, you block out 95% of what the entire app can do because this group of people do not need to see everything: it would just confuse things.
What I want to see is, in effect, the same thing. I do not want to confuse users who only need 15% of the app by forcing them to muddle through the other 85% they can't access anyway!
After coming to an understanding of how it presently works, I elected NOT to use it because it is so sloppy for the average "Slightly elevated" user.
Look At "Deltek Vision" as an example. We use it here for time sheet and project management. When I log into it, I see only a small cross section of that is provided because I don't need all of the program. A project manager on the other hand sees much more in his interface than I do. Someone in Marketing also sees more than I do but still a different set of tools than the Project managers.
It's clean and allows each user to only get what they need.
(Originally posted on 24, September 2015)
(Originally posted on 15, January 2016)
(Originally posted on 28, April 2016)
I'd love to see this implemented as well. I don't see the point of showing users options to which they don't have permissions. It would be much cleaner and a better user experience if those options were just hidden.
Retrieving data ...