Survey Customization Needed

Idea created by 7595500 on May 25, 2016
    Under Consideration
    Score65

(Originally posted on 30, June 2015)

While a simple Yes/No survey may be useful for identifying a very general trend, it is almost worthless for identifying staff development opportunities (the whole point of the survey in my opinion). I feel strongly that the ability to customize surveys is a necessary component of any legitimate Service Desk software.

Consider the following...

I originally collected the following customer satisfaction metrics (based on a 1-5 scale):

1. Service Desk responsiveness
    2. Service Desk staff friendliness
    3. Service Desk staff knowledge
    4. Would customer recommend using Service Desk

Despite high scores on items 1 (customers perceived a quick response when their ticket was submitted) and 3 (customers perceived the Service Desk as knowledgeable) I received some feedback from a couple people that they often felt that although the primary issue in their ticket was resolved, there were still a couple "clean up" steps that remained. They said that they often just tried to figure out how to do these final "clean up" items themselves because they were "not a big deal" and not worth reopening the ticket.

I added the following customer satisfaction metric (based on a 1-5 scale) into the survey:

1. Service Desk thoroughness

And sure enough, the score was low. I was able to use this data to stress to the team the importance of being thorough (in addition to fast and smart) and within a couple months the score for thoroughness mirrored that of responsiveness and knowledge. Actionable data = increased client satisfaction.

I've seen it mentioned several times in the forums that Samanage will implementing new surveys based on Net Promoter Score (although I haven't seen an ETA). While that is a step in the right direction, I think full survey customization needs to be on the roadmap.

Thank you,

Gabe

What problem will this feature solve?: