Add feature to automatically assign a designated picture to asset based on queried model type

Idea created by Redler@gill-industries.com on May 25, 2016
    Under Consideration
    Score20
    • Redler@gill-industries.com
    • Laura Miller
    • craig.stockman@samanage.com
    • matt.kinnear@sport.wales

(Originally posted on 13, April 2015)

As I build out our assets, i thought I would request this feature for a future customer, as it has been one of the areas that has taken me a bit of time to complete.

We are filling in general asset pictures of each of the computer models, to give  visual indicator of what the computer looks like from the asset details page.

It would be a time saver, if you could go in and assign a default picture to a queried asset type, such as: 

Dell Optiplex 380 - Optiplex380.jpg uploaded photo, by default any time an asset comes in that matches the type Optiplex 380 it will fill in the asset picture with the default listing. If a user uploads a different picture it would take precedence.

You would have to query the data in first, such as the discovered asset models, but then you could centrally assign a default picture that would batch distribute to the assets, this would save from going in to say 300 assets to assign the same picture.

Thanks,
    Randy
    What problem will this feature solve?: