(Originally posted on 13, March 2015)
In the service desk, you're able to sort the comments on incidents either from newest to oldest or the opposite. I can't find the same option for comments in email notifications and it seems that the sorting is a bit illogical.
In e-mails the sorting order is:
- The new comment in the top of the email separated from the rest by a line (this is fine i think)
- Below that, the older comments sorted from oldest to newest (this should be reversed i think, following the logic in section 1.
- Below the newest comment is the incident description, but this is not separated from the comments, so this just looks like another comment.
All in all I think the above makes it very hard to quickly get a grip of the comment history on an incident using the notification emails, and have room for improvements.
Two quick fixes that could be implemented to makes this a lot better i think:
- Change the sorting order of comments to "newest to oldest".
- Put a clear separation (a line?) between the last comment and the description section.
|What problem will this feature solve?:|