Adding and using API/service account without activation email

Idea created by 7271152 on May 25, 2016
    Under Consideration
    Score5

(Originally posted on 24, December 2014)

I'm getting ready to deploy an integration tool, and in order for this tool to access the Samanage API I've created a service account in Active Directory, which Samanage uses to auto-populate users (technically it's Active Directory --> Okta --> Samanage)

The trouble I'm having, though, is getting the service account to authenticate to the API. The issue seems to be that Samanage won't let the service account authenticate *until* account activation occurs via the link sent out in Samanage's activation emails. The problem is that this account doesn't have a mailbox (we'd prefer not to have to create a mailbox just for account activation purposes).

Is there anyway for me to "activate" this service account so it can authenticate to the Samanage API without creating a mailbox for it? I've tried changing its email address to my personal email address  and re-sending the activation email in Samanage, but this only activates my personal email address as the user ID for this service account. This was a headache because I had to change my personal account's email address, then change the service account's email address, resend the activation email, etc.
    What problem will this feature solve?: