Samanage is excited to announce a brand new feature which will enhance your end user experience. Now, when your requesters are looking for help in the Service Portal, Solutions and Service Catalog items will be suggested to them in real time. Samanage will offer suggestions to your requesters in both the main search bar on the home page and the search bar on all other pages, as well as in the ticket submission form, as soon as your requester starts typing.
This feature helps boost efficiency by:
- Giving your requesters immediate access to solutions that promote self-service and reduce ticket volume
- Ensuring the use of your predefined processes by suggesting the proper service catalog items to your requesters
- Providing an ROI for the time spent in building Solutions and service catalog items by promoting their use effortlessly.
What To Consider First?
This feature has been released in Labs.
After you activate, this feature does not require any setup. However, you must have a developed knowledge base and/or service catalog in the system for it to start making suggestions. Once this feature is actively working in your system, it will continue to evolve and learn from your behaviors, becoming more accurate the more you use the functionality.
This is a good time to revisit the use of the service portal as both functionality and user experience have changed. Now, the portal gives them easier access to resources and the result may lead to less ticket traffic for your agents.
Where can I access this feature?
There are 2 ways to access:
- When typing in what they need in the search bar of the homepage or any other pages of the service portal
- Suggested catalog items ( Services)
- Suggested solutions (Articles)
- Ability to do a full search off your keywords
- Create ticket
2. When they are entering a ticket via the portal
This is a move towards changing the way Samanage is harnessing the cloud, giving you the resources to sift more efficiently through data and increase productivity throughout your organization.
We hope that this tutorial is helpful. As you begin to use the feature, feel free to share examples of how it has benefited your organization. The wisdom of the Community is an extremely valuable way for our users to learn how to use the latest features.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Your Samanage Team