Samanage is excited to introduce an enhancement that gives you the option to display announcements to your users via the service portal. This builds more transparency within your organization by letting your requesters know what is impacting them in real-time and avoiding an influx of tickets.
For example, you may have a server down or a planned outage that may cause a slowdown or limit access to key resources. By displaying an announcement, you can reduce the number of tickets for a known issue by directing your requesters to the portal.
To access this feature:
- Go to the Service Portal section of setup
- Scroll to the “Announcement Message” section
- Begin typing your message, and note:
- Click the “Publish to Service Portal” check box and click update to publish- You will see an “Active” icon when the announcement is live.
- To deactivate, simply uncheck the “Appear in Portal” checkbox and click “Update”.
Your announcements will appear on the portal like:
*Note- This enhancement is only available to those using the new portal. We highly recommend that our clients move to the new portal, and promote its use internally, in order to take advantage of this and future functionality. For more details on the new portal, and information on how to activate, please visit the post on this new format.
As we continue to improve Samanage, we appreciate your feedback. Let us know what you think about this enhancement!
Your Samanage Team