Samanage is excited to announce an update to Automations allowing you to update the “Incident State” to incoming tickets and requests. This new “action” gives you another level of customizing your processes, saving time for your service desk agents.
For example, you may have emails generated by your servers that send status updates into your service desk. These are important notifications to have documented, but, depending on the amount of servers in your environment, can cause additional work to update and resolve. You can now build an automation rule with:
- Requester: firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Keyword Containing: “Status: Normal”*
- Reassign To: Server Status (custom group)*
- Change State To: Resolved
*Please note, this is an example. Your Requester, Assignees, and Keyword conditions will vary depending on your system configuration.
To access the added functionality:
- Go to the Automations section of Setup
- Build or Edit an Automation rule
- Locate “Change state to” in the Actions section of the Automation Rule:
Also, keep an eye on the Product Update section of the Community for more enhancements coming to Automations in the upcoming months!
As we continue to improve Samanage, we appreciate your feedback. Let us know what you think about this enhancement!
Your Samanage Team