In addition to the default fields populated by the Samanage agent, you may wish to have custom fields among your list of data points to be used in filtering for the sake of reporting to one of your organization's department. For example, your Finance department requires you to run a monthly report for the computers across your organization and in the report you must include each computer's acquisition date and cost. Those two fields can easily be added to your list of data points in the Computers section by using the Forms and Fields section under Setup. Below are steps on how to get those two fields added to the Computers section.
1) From the main navigation menu, go to Setup.
2) Click on Forms and Fields.
3) Click the + New Field button near the top right of the page, fill out the required fields and click the Create button. Repeat as needed. After successful creation of your desired custom fields, they should appear in your list of Custom Fields.
4) Click the + New Form button near the top center of the page, fill out the required fields (Name and Module) and click the Create button. After successful creation of the custom form, it should appear in your list of Custom Forms.
5) Drag all of the custom fields you wish to add to the Computers Form over to the "Drag Fields here..." area shown above in the previous step. Below is an example of how the form should look after all your desired fields have been successfully added to the form.
After performing the steps above, the Custom Fields should be included in the following:
The list of filters in the Computers section when generating reports
The form to be filled out after clicking the + New Computer button
Options in the Customize View (via the blue wrench at the far right) to be added to the Computers view
A Computer's form after clicking the Edit Computer button (Pencil Icon) when hovering over a computer
Under the Custom fields section after clicking into a computer for additional information