MacOSX 10.7 and above.
- Download the Samanage MacOS Agent package
- Double click to mount and open the volume if it's not mounted automatically (volume name is "samanage-agent")
- Double click on samanage-agent icon to launch the installer
* Click Continue
- Default location of the installation is your system disk, no need to change it
* Click Install
- Enter the logged-in user's password:
* Please enter the password and click OK.
- Enter your Samanage account name.
* Enter the account name and click OK.
* Note: your account name is the name you selected when you signed up for Samanage. Your account name can be found under Setup > Plans & Subscriptions.
- Installation will complete and run an inventory scan for the first time. This stage may take several minutes to complete.
* Upon completion the installer returns with "Install Succeeded" message
* Click Close
* You can unmount the samanage-agent volume by clicking "Eject" or dragging its icon to the trash
To force a refresh of your Mac inventory, run the agent command manually:
For agent version 3.0 and above: sudo launchctl start org.ocsng.agent
For older versions: sudo php /usr/local/sbin/ocs_mac_agent.php
Silent install option is available by using these steps:
- Download http://cdn.samanage.com/download/Mac+Agent/MAC-Agent-silent-install.sh
- Save it to /tmp or in a network shared directory
- Edit the script to include your account tag
- Make it executable by running
chmod +x /tmp/MAC-Agent-silent-install.sh
- Run the script as root, or use sudo
To remove the MacOS agent please follow these steps:
For agent version 3.0 and above:
- sudo /Applications/Samanage\ Agent.app/Contents/Resources/uninstaller.sh
For older agent versions
1. remove folder "/Library/StartupItems/OCSInventory" and its content
2. remove the following files from "/usr/local/sbin":
3. remove folder "/etc/ocsinventory-client"