Application Integrations Tutorial
This tutorial will walk you through the example of Creating a User with the Application Integrations feature by utilizing the Samanage RESTful API. This example will contain the action intended as well as the contents intended for the various sections of the Application Integrations setup.
Before integrating with the Samanage API, you will need to add the integration within the “Application Integrations” setup menu within the Setup section.
- Please see the “Application Integrations Setup Menu” on page 6 of this guide for additional details: "The Guide" to Application Integrations with Samanage
Let’s jump into the example!
Creating a User
The Application Integrations feature will allow you to create a new user within your Samanage account as the part of your Service Catalog workflow. This can be helpful when using the Service Catalog to build out an employee on-boarding process. The following example outlines the process of creating a user within an employee on-boarding Service Catalog request.
The following variables have been defined within the Service Catalog “Variables” menu for this item and will be used to capture the requester's input when submitting this service request.
- Full Name (text field)
- Email Address (text field)
- Office Phone (text field)
- Mobile Phone (text field)
- Role (dropdown) - populate with roles already set up within your system and ensure that these are spelled correctly
- AD Login (text field) - will require a custom text field for the user module titled “AD Login”
In order to use the Application Integrations feature with the Samanage API, you will need to utilize the “Name”, “Application”, “HTTP Method”, “URL”, “Additional Headers” and “Body” sections of the Application Integrations setup menu within the Service Catalog item. The following section will guide you through the contents that you will need to enter for each section based on this example.
Name: each Application Integration item within the process workflow will require a name
HTTP Method: POST