Please follow the steps below to successfully import a CSV file.
This is an example of a CSV file. Please note the following requirements:
The CSV file needs to have headers; three of them need to map over to the fields required, which are title, requester, and priority. You can map over additional fields that are part of the standard field set for the incidents section, they just can?t be custom fields.
Custom fields cannot be importable through CSV (example: a field that is not standard in Samanage).
- To prevent import errors some data included in your file must be in a certain format and may need to already exist in your Samanage instance. Below is an overview of requirements for the relevant fields.
- Requester - Your values for requester can be a valid email of a non-existing user or email of an existing user under Setup -> Users.
- Priority - Your values for priority must be one of the values present in the application
- Assignee - Your values for assignee can be the name/email of an existing user under Setup -> Users or name of an existing group under Setup -> Groups.
- Category and Subcategory - Your values for category and subcategory must be existing values under Setup -> Categories
- Site and Department - Your values for site and department must be existing values under Setup -> Organization
- State - Your values for state can only be either "New" or "Closed
- Description - Your values for a description with commas need to be contained within <![CDATA[ ]] like this: <![CDATA[This is a description, with commas inside]]
- Comments - Your values for comments can be added with the following string: "user: firstname.lastname@example.org ~body: This is comment Number 1;user: Requester@samanage.com ~body: This is comment Number 2" Multiple comments can be added by using the delimiter ;
- Created by - Your values for Created by need to be an email of an existing user under Setup -> Users. When left empty the importer will be set as Creator.
In order to import a CSV file, please follow the instructions below:
Go to Service Desk
Click on Incidents
On the right side of the screen, click on Import to import the CSV file.
Choose the file you wish to import by clicking Choose File.
After you have imported the CSV file, you will need to map the fields as you can see in the above picture. Above the Columns Mapping section, you will see a preview of the CSV file. After you have mapped the fields, click the Import button.
Note: This is the same process for importing other CSV files into Samanage although the required fields may differ.
We have provided you a CSV template for importing incidents into Samanage, attached.